Photos are at the bottom as well as the pattern if you'd like to download.
Definitely Diagaonal Scarfby Kris Basta
Materials:Worsted weight yarn 253 yds
U.S. size 10 circular needle
Gauge:3.5 sts per inch in Garter St.
Abbreviations:K = knit
P = purl
K2tog = knit 2 tog
rep = repeat
yo = yarn over
Kfb = knit in front and back of st to increase
Reference:Casting on at the beginning of the row, otherwise known as “knitted cast-on”. Video reference is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdaZTBOJ7XU
Directions:Using Long-tail cast on, cast on 7 sts
Begin set-up rows:
NOTE: these 3 rows will only be worked once.
1. K2tog, yo, k5.
2. P2, *k3, p2
3. K4, k2tog, yo, k1
Now skip to row 4 below, work rows 4 – 16 of the Pattern Rows below. NOTE this will only be done once.
PATTERN ROWS:1. K2tog, yo, *k3, k2tog, yo; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5.
2. P2, *k3, p2; rep from * to end.
3. K4, k2tog, yo, *k3, k2tog, yo; rep from * to last st, k1.
4. Cast on 5 sts @ beg of the row, k1, *p2, k3; rep from * to last st, p1. 12 sts
5. Cast on 5 sts @ beg of the row, *k3, k2tog, yo; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2. 17 sts
6. K2, *p2, k3; rep from * to end.
7. K2, *k2tog, yo, k3; rep from * to end.
8. *K3, p2; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
9. Cast on 5 sts @ beg of the row, K1, K2tog, yo, *k3, k2tog, yo; rep from * to last 4 sts, k4. 22 sts
10. Cast on 5 sts @ beg of the row, P1, *k3, p2; rep from * to last st, k1. 27 sts
14. Cast on 5 sts @ beg of the row, K to end. 32 sts
15. Cast on 5 sts @ beg of the row, K to end. 37 sts
16. After completing row 15, start over with row 1 of the 16-row-stitch pattern, and work rows 1-16
4X more. 157 sts
17. Work pattern rows 1-10. 177 sts.
18. Kfb, K across to last 2 sts, Kfb, K1. 179 sts
20. Repeat 18 & 19 once more. 181 sts
21. Repeat 18 once more. 183 sts
22. Bind off.
Unblocked measurement: 60” L x 13.5” W
(Lightly) Blocked measurement: 70” L x 14” W
Here is the patternClick on the link below, you should be able to download or print from there by clicking on "File". If this does not work for you you may try switching from Firefox to Internet Explorer or vice versa. Worst case senario you can copy and paste the directions into a word doc and print it out. Enjoy!
Back to Pattern Index