Monday, July 28, 2014
Kris's Pepperoni Quiche Recipe
I began making this for my family years ago - just made it up as I went, based on what I had in the fridge at the moment. My family happens to love pepperoni so I wondered how it would be in a quiche. I have refined the recipe over the years but here is the end result. I have made this for many many people over the years and truly haven't had a person yet that didn't love it. If you have non-pepperoni lovers you can substitute ham instead (probably even bacon).
Here it is!
Makes: 1 Quiche
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
This recipe requires that you use a blender.
1 Pillsbury pie crust
1 heaping cup of shredded cheese (I like the bagged mix of yellow & white cheese)
1 cup of cottage cheese (I use 4% milkfat, large curd)
1/3 cup of milk
2 tsp of dried onion
1/2 tsp of black pepper
Broccoli (I buy the bag of frozen, chopped broccoli
Califlower ( I buy a bag of frozen califlower, then chop it up into small pcs.)
1 bag of Hormel Pepperoni (you will use about 25 pcs)
1. Put one pie crust in your pie pan, I prefer to use glass pie pan but you can certainly use metal.
2. Spread a combo of chopped broccoli/califlower in the bottom of the crust. Don't use too much, just enough to lightly cover the bottom - say 1 cup total of the mixture.
3. Using your blender, blend the following together:
Eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, onion, and black pepper. Blend on high until it is a creamy, smoothie texture.
4. Pour blended mixture into your pie crust over the broccoli/califlower.
5. Now add your pepperoni slices. I use about 25 of them and I simply stick them upright evenly spaced into the mixture.
6. Place a piece of tinfoil over the quiche and back for 1 hour.
7. Remove tinfoil and back another 10 minutes or until crust edges are lightly browned.
I serve cornbread with this quiche and it is a huge hit! Hope you enjoy it.