Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Machine Knit Cowl






So the other night we were all out for a family dinner, my niece gave her sister a birthday gift which was a knitted cowl. It was a very nice red knitted cowl - very simple for us MK'rs. I decided to throw one on my standard gauge knitting machine last night and use my garter carriage to knit it.
Here is how I did this one:
T7
76 stitches
Using Knitking "Panache" cone yarn. I got about 9sts to the inch. (don't know the weight as the cone didn't say)
Pattern #539 on my KH-965i
I cast on with waste yarn, then knit 500 rows. After the last row was knit I picked up the cast on row and hung it on the working needles. I then knit tog. and cast off. I then lightly steamed it with my steamer.
I really like the cowl! It started snowing here in Montana minutes after I took the pictures so I guess I'll NEED to wear it soon!

Back to Pattern Index

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cowl! Did you twist before you nit it together or is a "straight" circle?
Marcella in Holland

kriskrafter said...

I didn't put a twist in it (like a mobius), I just put it together in a straight circle. You could do it either way. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it so i went and made one but to avoid a seam, i took it off the machine with WY and grafted the 2 sides.
Annie from Australia

kriskrafter said...

Excellent! what a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the pattern. I have made four in the last two weeks on my garter carriage using different electronic built in patterns! I gave three as gifts and they just love them! I do too!