Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Crochet Slouchy Hat - Easy 'n Fast! Free Pattern


Materials & Tools:

Super Bulky/Chunky yarn - 93-100 yds
Size N (9mm) crochet hook

Gauge: 2.5 sc's per inch

Directions:


1. ch3, join w/ slst in 1st chain.
2.  sc 10 in rnd.
3.  2 sc in ea sc around, join with a slst in the top of the 1st sc.  [20 sc's]
4.  2 sc in ea sc around, join with a slst in the top of the 1st sc.  [40 sc's]
5.  sc 19, 2 sc in next sc, sc 20, join round with a slst in top of 1st sc. [41 scs]

*the rest of the hat will be made with sc's done in the back loop only.

6. Now you can continue to sc in the back loop only of every sc.  You do not need to join at the end of each round you can simply just keep working round and round until the length you like.  I like to make my slouchy hats to measure between 11 - 12" from top to bottom.

Once you've reached the length you like make your last st a slst into the next sc.
Tie off/weave in ends.

This hat is reversible, you can either wear it on the ribby looking side...


or the bumpy looking side.



Using Hobby Lobby's "I love this chunky" (off white hat) I used 100 yds.
Using Hobby Lobby's "Whimsy Bulky" (multi colored) I used the whole skein - 93 yds.
* on this hat I had to add a few more scs as it was not quite as thick as the off-white one.  I used 44 sc's for this, so on row 5 instead of increasing 1 sc, I increased 4 sc's.






To Download, view, or print this pattern click on the link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_oZ8-XeMq3pcklPWk9INFRJaFU/view?usp=sharing

Back to Pattern Index


No comments: