Monday, July 28, 2014

Kris's Pepperoni Quiche Recipe



I began making this for my family years ago - just made it up as I went, based on what I had in the fridge at the moment.  My family happens to love pepperoni so I wondered how it would be in a quiche.  I have refined the recipe over the years but here is the end result.  I have made this for many many people over the years and truly haven't had a person yet that didn't love it.  If you have non-pepperoni lovers you can substitute ham instead (probably even bacon).

Here it is!
-----------------------

Makes: 1 Quiche
Serves: 6-8

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

This recipe requires that you use a blender.


Ingredients:

1 Pillsbury pie crust
7 eggs
1 heaping cup of shredded cheese (I like the bagged mix of yellow & white cheese)
1 cup of cottage cheese (I use 4% milkfat, large curd)
1/3 cup of milk
2 tsp of dried onion
1/2 tsp of black pepper
Broccoli (I buy the bag of frozen, chopped broccoli
Cauliflower ( I buy a bag of frozen cauliflower, then chop it up into small pcs.)
1 bag of Hormel Pepperoni (you will use about 25 pcs)

Directions:

1.  Put one pie crust in your pie pan, I prefer to use glass pie pan but you can certainly use metal.
2.  Spread a combo of chopped broccoli/cauliflower in the bottom of the crust.  Don't use too much, just enough to lightly cover the bottom - say 1 cup total of the mixture.




3.  Using your blender, blend the following together:
Eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, onion, and black pepper.  Blend on high until it is a creamy, smoothie texture.




4.  Pour blended mixture into your pie crust over the broccoli/califlower.
5. Now add your pepperoni slices.  I use about 25 of them and I simply stick them upright evenly spaced into the mixture.





6.  Place a piece of tinfoil over the quiche and back for 1 hour.
7.  Remove tinfoil and back another 10 minutes or until crust edges are lightly browned.

I serve cornbread with this quiche and it is a huge hit!  Hope you enjoy it.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! So delicious- best quiche I’ve ever had!